How to participate in the auction:
- Browse the online or printed catalogues and pick the lot(s) that you are interested in.
- Attend the preview
We will hold previews before the auctions. All the auction items will be exhibited during the previews which are open to public. Nevertheless, some auction items may only be reviewed by bidders who possess bidding paddles.
In addition, there may be nuances between the hue, color or state of the lot in the catalogues and the actual items. Please check the lot before bidding and fully confirm the status of the actual item and related information. If you have any questions, please contact our client services department.
- Choose a bidding method: on-site bid, absentee bid, telephone bid, online bid
Bidders should come in person to confirm the auction items that they wish to purchase, and participate in the auctions with their own judgments and be responsible for their actions.
- Registering for a bidding paddle
A. a completed bidder registration form
B. a copy of your ID or passport
Personal registration: provide identification documents with photos and proof of address issued by relevant government departments.
Company registration: If a bidder is registered as a company or organization, the agent acts on behalf of the principle bidder should provide a valid company registration document, a certificate of shares, and an authorization letter to TOKYO CHUO AUCTION HONGKONG COMPANY LIMITED for registration. Please note that a deposit policy is applied here.
- Pay Deposit and Receive Paddles
A deposit policy is applied here and the deposit could be settled by cash (Limited to HK$80,000 or below), cheque, draft, telegraphic transfer or credit card. For enquiries, please contact our client services department for details.
Absentee Bid/Telephone Bid/Online Bid:
A bidder could submit an absentee bid form to appoint Tokyo Chuo Auction to bid on his / her behalf. During the auction, we would endeavour a staff to contact the bidder with the information provided by him / her stated in the absentee bid form.
Friendly reminder: bidders who wish to bid through absentee bid / telephone bid must provide a copy of his/her ID or passport and a residential address proof. If a bidder is registered as a company or other organization, please contact our client services team for details.
- Payment Methods
【Hong Kong Auction】
After the end of auction, please remit the payment to our company account within 7 days. The buyer can take the auction item after the company confirms receipt of the payment.
Payment Method Bank drafts and cheques Cheques and remittances payable to Tokyo Chuo Auction HongKong Company Limited Telegraphic Transfer Deposit account for bank transfer: The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
Payee's name: Tokyo Chuo Auction Hong Kong Co., Ltd.
Bank Name: The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited
Bank Address: 1 Queen's Road Central, Hong Kong
Bank code: 004 (local payment)
Swift code: HSBCHKHHHKH (telegraphic transfer)
Account number: 023-662653-838 (HKD)
Buyers can pay for the auction items in the Finance Department at the auction site.
Cash payment: Hong Kong dollar only
Credit card payment: VISA, MasterCard, UnionPay
Payment Method Remittance Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Kyobashi Branch (Store No. 637)
Savings account: 8257350
Holder:Tokyo Chuo Auction Co., Ltd. (Kabushiki Gaisha Tokyo Chuo Auction)
Remittance from overseas countries Deposit account for bank transfer: SUMITOMO MITSUI BANKING CORPORATION
Payee's name: SUMITOMO MITSUI BANKING CORPORATION KYOBASHI BRANCH
SWIFT CODE: SMBCJPJT
Bank account: 8257350
Account name: Tokyo Chuo Auction Co., Ltd.
Bank address: 2-12-6 KYOBASHI, CHUO-KU, TOKYO JAPAN
Company address: 3-7-5 KYOBASHI, CHUO-KU, TOKYO JAPAN
After successful bidding, in addition to paying the hammer price, the bidder must also pay the buyer’s commission and the consumption tax of the buyer’s commission to the company.
Settlement on the auction dayCash payment: Japanese yen only
Credit card payment: VISA, Master, UnionPay
Payment after the auction: After the auction, please fill in the "Delivery Agreement of Auction Items" as required by the company and remit the payment to the company's account within 7 days. The company will deliver the auction items to the buyer after confirmation of the payment.
- Delivery of auction items
After the full payment is done, the buyer can take the auction item. The buyer shall pay all the transportation fees, insurance and other expenses after the hammer is brought down. If the buyer does not pick up the auction items as scheduled (seven days after the transaction date), the company can charge the buyer a storage fee HKD 80 per day or JPY 1000 per day for each auction item.
All bidders must complete the following registration procedures on or before the auction day to participate in on-site bidding. The company reserves the right to decide at its discretion whether to refuse anyone to participate in the bidding and to formulate and modify the bidding criteria from time to time:
- 1. Submit a duly completed and signed bidder registration form to the company;
- 2. The bidder is an individual, and the bidder must submit an identification document with a photo and proof of address issued by the relevant government department;
- 3. If the bidder is a company or other organization, its agent must submit current and valid registration documents, shareholder certification documents and authorization letters;
- 4. Submit other information reasonably required by the company (including bank information or other financial certificates for payment); and
- 5. Bidders shall pay the bidding deposit required by the company by cash, cheque, drafts, telegraphic transfer or credit card.
- 6. If the company reasonably believes that the behavior of the bidder is not conducive to the auction, the company has the right to refuse the registration of the bidder or cancel his / her registration.
By his participation in bidding, the Bidder confirms the following matters and shall assume the corresponding responsibilities:
1. The Auction Article is auctioned for sale in its present condition on an as is basis. By participating in the bidding, the Bidder shall be deemed to have inspected the Auction Article prior to the auction and is satisfied with the condition and description of it without relying on any of the written or verbal descriptions, explanations or comments made on the Auction Article by the Company;
2. Unless otherwise stipulated in these Conditions, all the written and verbal descriptions, explanations and comments (contained in catalogues, reports, documents, video products or any other promotional materials or otherwise) are mere expressions of opinion. Under all circumstances, the Company shall not be deemed to have given representations or warranties regarding any aspect of the Auction Article (including but not limited to its genuineness, originality, commercial value, fitness for specific purposes, quality or other conditions, etc.);
3. The descriptions, explanations or comments on the flaws of the Auction Articles made by the Company are for reference only and shall not mean that there are no other flaws in the Auction Article. Under all circumstances, the Company shall not be deemed to have given representations or warranties regarding the Auction Articles. Bidders shall inspect the Auction Article in person or assign personnel with the related knowledge to do so.
4. The Company only provides descriptions, explanations or comments with reasonable caution on (1) the representations and warranties given by the Seller on the Auction Article and the information provided by him, (2) expert opinion (if any). The Bidder confirms that the Company does not have the obligation to conduct a comprehensive due diligence on the Auction Article.
5. Guaranteed Lot
The seller of lots with this symbol has been guaranteed a minimum price from this sale. This guarantee could be provided by the Company, a third party or a joint agreement by the Company and a third party. It could be in the form of an irrevocable bid provided by a third party. Providing or participating in a guarantee, third party could be financially beneficial if a guaranteed lot is sold successfully. If a third party providing or participating in a guarantee is the successful bidder for the guaranteed lot, they have to pay the full Purchaser’s Commission.
1. In case that the Bidder cannot attend the auction in person, he may bid in writing and submit an Absentee Bids Registration Form to appoint the Company to bid on his behalf. The Company may accept or decline the appointment. For those successful written absentee bids, the Company will charge the Purchaser’s Commission (from the Purchaser on top of the hammer price of each lot, being 18% of the hammer price below HK$1,000,000; 15% of the hammer price reaching HK$1,000,000 and up to $9,999,999; 12% of the hammer price reaching HK$10,000,000 and above HK$10,000,000).
2. In a written absentee bid, if two or more Bidders bid for the same Auction Article with the same price on which the sale of that Auction Article is concluded, the Company has sole discretion to sell the Auction Article to the Bidder who has submitted the Absentee Bids Registration Form earlier.
3. Under all circumstances, the Company will not assume any responsibility for unsuccessful bids or the occurrence of any error or omission in a written absentee bid.
4. Application for written absentee bids is closed on the date mentioned in the catalogue. The Company does not assume any responsibility for a Bidder who has been declined to participate in the auction due to his failure to submit the said Registration Form and the specified deposit or other required documents before the said deadline.
5. Deposit for written absentee bids please refer to the registration form
Fax: +852 2486 1355
Mail: Room 2601, 26/F, Wing On Centre, No. 111 Connaught Road Central, Hong Kong
1. In case that the Bidder cannot attend the auction in person, the Bidder may bid on the telephone, and submit a Telephone Bidding Registration Form to appoint the Company to bid on his behalf. The Company may accept or decline the appointment. For successful telephone bids, the Company will charge the Purchaser’s Commission (from the Purchaser on top of the hammer price of each lot, being 18% of the hammer price below HK$1,000,000; 15% of the hammer price reaching HK$1,000,000 and up to $9,999,999; 12% of the hammer price reaching HK$10,000,000 and above HK$10,000,000).
2. In the course of the auction, the Company will endeavour to contact the Bidder with the information provided by him in the Telephone Bidding Registration Form. The bidding instructions received by the Company from the contact information provided in the Telephone Bidding Registration Form shall be deemed as instructions from the Bidder. The Bidder shall be legally liable for his instructions.
3. Under all circumstances, the Company will not assume any responsibility for unsuccessful bids, or the occurrence of any error or omission during the telephone bidding.
4. Application for telephone bidding is closed on the date mentioned in the catalogue. The Company does not assume any responsibility for a Bidder who has been declined to participate in the auction due to his failure to submit the said Registration Form and the specified deposit or other required documents before the said deadline.
Fax: +852 2486 1355
Mail: Room 2601, 26/F, Wing On Centre, No. 111 Connaught Road Central, Hong Kong
5. Deposit for telephone bidding please refer to the registration form.
6. To ensure the accuracy of telephone bidding, the Company is entitled to record the telephone bidding under specific circumstances. The Company is subject to confidentiality obligations for the information obtained in such recordings, subject to the Company’s right of disclosure to third parties under Clause 21 of the“Conditions of Sale”.
1. In general, bidders should personally attend the auction. If you cannot join the auction, please bid online.
2. Bidders who wish to bid online shall complete bidding registration and shall follow the instructions of the company.
3. Bidders who apply for online bidding shall pay a deposit. The above deposit shall be remitted to the account designated by the company within the specified period and the registration procedures shall be completed. If the company does not receive the deposit from the bidder within the specified period, the bidder's online bidding application shall be deemed invalid.
4. Bidders who apply for online bidding must fill in the required information on the "Online Bidding Registration Form" and mail or fax it to our company by deadline. Moreover, the company shall not be held responsible for any losses caused by the failure to contact the online bidder by using the contact information recorded in the above application form.
5. The method of confirming online bidding is the same as the method of confirming bidding in on-site auction, that is, after the hammer comes down, the highest online bid or on-site bid is accepted and the sale contract is established.
6. The company reserves the right to reject bidders’ online bidding applications without giving any reasons. Regardless of whether the written decision of refusal is delivered to the bidder, the company shall not be held liable.
7. If the bidding fails or there are any losses due to the following reasons, the company will not bear any responsibility.
- 7.1 During online bidding, the company or the bidder’s network connection is interrupted;
- 7.2 The online bidding software malfunctions;
- 7.3 Any Internet connection, computer, mobile device or system malfunctions or has any problems;
- 7.4 Any errors caused by the quality of digital images;
- 7.5 Operation errors of bidders in the bidding process;
- 7.6 Delay in receiving information caused by network delay.
8. After the online bidder succeeds in bidding, the company will notify the bidder of the result as soon as possible. The sale contract is established when the auctioneer brings down the hammer, and the online bidder shall not cancel the sale contract for any reason.
9. The company has the right to disable the bidding power of online bidders at any time during the bidding process.
After successful bidding, the bidder must pay commissions to the company in addition to the hammer price.(per lot)
|< JPY 50,000,000||20%|
|JPY 50,000,000 - JPY 199,999,999||18%|
|≥ JPY 200,000,000||15%|
*Consumption Tax: 10% of the commission
|【Hong Kong Auction】|
|HK$5,000,000 - HK$19,999,999||18%|
Only suitable for Hong Kong online auction
Enter the estimated size of package (length cm x width cm x height cm) or weight (kg) to calculate the estimated shipping cost.
|Auctioneer||means the person who chairs the auction for the Company and strikes the hammer.|
|Hammer Price||means the highest bid that the Auctioneer announces for the conclusions of the sale by striking the hammer or using other usual means|
|Lot Number||is a number indicating a lot. A lot number may represent more than one lot or even a group of lots. An auction is conducted in order of the lot number.|
|Estimate||is an estimated price of a lot published in the Company’s catalogue.|
|Paddle||is an object that is given to a bidder who finishes the registration.|
|Bid||is an action to signal the auctioneer to buy a lot.|
|Purchaser||means any Bidder or his agents whose highest bid has been accepted by the Auctioneer in the auction held by the Company|